Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Splish-Splash

car wash0113 (5)Grenville’s Grand Cherokee took a bath this week, because after  our road trip through PA and parts of New England (where it actually S-N-O-W-E-D) the white Jeep was looking gray.

The local car wash in neighboring Onancock, VA is a self-service operation. Just insert a credit card and push your selection button — choose from a basic wash to a wash with undercoat wash and application of clear-coat wax. Grenville sprang for all 3 this time — the works..

WOW, we didn’t think the car was THIS dirty as the water swirled and changed colors; the soap was especially colorful.car wash collage2car wash0113 (12)We got to watch quite a water show from our front row seatscar wash collage1Soon, everything is starting to come clearer — and cleaner too.car wash0113 (24)SORRY, forgot to take a before and after photo of the Jeep.car wash collage3   BOY, We know HOW to find excitement in a (very) small town.

12 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

We have a drive-thru-no-touch where the "guy" taking our credit card talks to us in an American Midwest accent. We are overdue, but it was pretty backed-up the other day. Besides, I'd like to wait until the rain is done. We are experiencing a January thaw, but frigid digits, apparently, are returning soon.

MadSnapper said...

i did not realize you were in the car until i got half way through. we use the self service but ours is a spray it yourself thing. i was thinking i never see any of those beautiful colors then realized you were inside. these are cool

Ginnie said...

Thanks for the "inside story". I've always wanted to do that and never have. Fun.

Country Gal said...

Lots of drive through no touch car washes here . Looks like you went off road lol Hey ya got get your fun when and where ya can lol ! All sparkling now is she ? Cool photos though ! Have a good day !

Anonymous said...

I always washed my own car when I was much younger...nowdays, I go through the car wash too. Little Harriet loves to go for a ride but she is scared to death of the carwash!!!!!

Ludwig said...

Neat!

Montanagirl said...

Yup, we just use the drive-through car washes. My back won't take bending over and reaching. Nice set of photos!

Connie said...

We took our car through the drive through car wash today. We had a lot of salt on it from the roads that needed to be washed away. It is kind of neat to watch the process from inside the car.

Anonymous said...

I love to sit in my car while the machines do the job :-) But I've never seen such colorful soap :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.

Debbie said...

very cool and super fun!!

Cicero Sings said...

My car is more than gray. I took a bucket of warm water out to the garage and washed the key areas ... anywhere my clothes could come in contact with. We have had cold weather ... too cold to take the car through the car wash. If I took it now, all the nicks in my already well cracked windshield, would go wild. I need to make that windshield last until they sweep the roads!

jp@A Green Ridge said...

LOL! I think I may have to hit the car wash soon...for excitement that is!...:)JP