To paraphrase a line from one of Old Blue Eyes signature songs, it was a very GREAT year. We had fun road trips, family holiday visits and celebrations in New England, NJ and PA, a wedding, 2 milestone birthdays. We also were able to meet several more fellow bloggers. And, least you think it was ALL fun and road trips and celebrations, there were also house projects: we de-cluttered, packed and stored, planted a veggie garden, Grenville built and installed barn and tractor doors AND we listed our home for sale, which (unfortunately) is still available at year-end.
And, we DID have lots of travels and celebrations when we looked back at the calendar:
- Jan - post-Christmas road trip visiting family in RI and PA; capped by week in NH
- Feb - home (all month) on the VA eastern shore
- March - week long trip to NJ when Beatrice visited her mom
- April - hopped on the bunny trail to NJ, RI, PA for Easter family visits
- May - wedding bells for Coleen and Paulo and family get-together in PA
- July - birthday time in PA for Grenville's XX and in RI for granddaughter Ellie's 1st; back to NH for 3 weeks
- August - lucky (for us) 13th wedding anniversary and weekend trip to Baltimore, MD, to ride trolley cars at Baltimore Street Car Museum and tour B&O Railway Museum
- Sept - major NJ birthday celebration — #90 for Beatrice's mom
- Oct - looked for leaf changes in VA Blue Ridge road trip, but there too early; met fellow bloggers, Rebecca, Lenora (Lee), and Grace and spouses.
- Nov - another leaf peeping trip — to VT but leaves had already left; celebrated turkey day in CT and visited grandkids in RI
- Dec - where did the year go ??? here we are AGAIN — an end of year post-Christmas trip and stops in PA, RI, CT, NJ and back home (finally)
And, if you have read any of our posts during the past year — 296 excluding this final post — you know that we have shared these adventures with you, our blogging friends. It's been fun for us AND we appreciate your visits and especially your comments on our posts — Thank you.
NO, NO, NO this is not a swan song — we are NOT leaving, except (hopefully) on more road trips in 2013, although we WOULD like to leave the VA eastern shore when our home sells. Several bloggers have called it quits this year; others are on temporary hiatus for various reasons. We miss them and wish them all the best.
Finally, this is WHY we want to relocate to NH and play in the snow — grandkids Bobby and Ellie.
Happy New Year