This was a first-time recipe from a Rival Crockpot recipe book. There are many other variations available online. Chicken thighs were used, but other pieces of bone-in chicken can be substituted.
Thai Crockpot Chicken
- 8 chicken thighs (skinless)
- 1 C salsa
- 1/2 C peanut butter
- 2 TBSP lime juice
- 1 TBSP soy sauce (low-sodium)
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 TBSP cilantro
- 1/2 C chopped scallions
- Optional: 1/2 C chopped peanuts when serving
- Put chicken in crockpot.
- Mix other ingredients together – salsa, peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce and seasonings – and pour over chicken.
- Add scallions on top and cover.
- Cook on LOW 8-9 hours or HIGH 3-4 hours. (If you want chicken that’s so tender it falls off the bone after a longer cooking time, then go for the LOW setting.)
- Serve over rice; sprinkle with peanuts (if desired) .
Serve with a side of salad or green vegetable and ENJOY !