Eat dessert first?
This treat was made after after fellow blogger, Daisy, posted a photo and link for it to the Pillsbury® website. Daisy said she took only one photo as the pie didn’t last long at her house. Since that could happen here too, these photos were taken first – after all, aren’t chocolate and peanut butter food groups?
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Truffle Pie
1 Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crust
9-inch glass pie plate
Mixing bowls, electric mixer
- 1/2 C whipping cream
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
Peanut Butter Filling
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 C creamy peanut butter
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 1/4 C dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp shortening
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped salted peanuts
Heat oven to 450°F.
- Bake as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell, using 9-inch glass pie plate. Cool on cooling rack, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in saucepan, heat 1/2 C whipping cream over medium-high heat until hot.
- Remove from heat; stir in 1 C chocolate chips and the vanilla and mix until smooth. Spread truffle filling in bottom of baked crust. Freeze 15 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat 1 C whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Set aside. In another medium bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter and powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth; fold in whipped cream.
- Spread over truffle filling. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave 1/4 cup chocolate chips and the shortening uncovered on High 30 - 60 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted. Drizzle chocolate over pie and sprinkle with peanuts.
ENJOY! – We did (after dinner)
If you hurry, there are leftovers.
But not for long, according to Grenville