At The Frog & PenguINN – holidays or not – it’s the chocolate chip cookie, a drop cookie created in the U.S. and featuring semi-sweet chocolate chips. Other ingredients include white and brown sugars, flour, salt, eggs, baking powder, butter or shortening; vanilla extract; and (if you prefer) chopped nuts. Depending on the ratio of ingredients, mixing and cooking times, some recipes produce a softer, chewy style cookie and others produce a crunchy/crispy style – either way they’re still delicious.
Toll House® Chocolate Chip Cookies
What’s NOT to like about a cookie that features chocolate chips? This recipe is featured on every bag of Nestle® semi-sweet chocolate morsels.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 ½ C all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 C (2 sticks) butter, softened
- ¾ C granulated sugar
- ¾ C packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 C (12 oz.) Nestle® semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 C chopped nuts (optional)
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate morsels and nuts (if using).
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheet (or one lined with parchment paper).
BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes, then remove to wire racks or brown paper to cool completely. Makes 4 dozen cookies.
Serve with a cold glass of milk.