Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Rib-a paloooza!!!!!

Well maybe not quite that spectacular, but last night was ‘Rib Night’. Space in the big freezer is always at a premium at the end of the growing season so the ribs in there had to get eaten.

IMG_0656

Now i’m sure you remember our little friend from the greased pig contest on Saturday!!!! Don’t worry, he was not the guest of honor.

Instead some frozen ribs were thawedIMG_0679 and seasoned to perfection with the famous F&P Butt Rub (available exclusively in the F&P Farm Gift Shop). Then they rested all night and morning in the fridge. Our ribs are smoked over hickory for about 5 hours at 250 F.

IMG_0680

The key to our melt in your mouth ribs is the water tray in the smoker. It combines the steam and  smoke together at a low temperature so the ribs don’t dry out.

Now two racks of ribs, a big bowl of Beatrice’s Butter Nut Slaw, and IMG_0682some zesty Lemon Cucumbers (yes we still have some)  was going to be more than we could eat so we invited friends Nancy & Ringo and Maryann & George.

And to top it all off some Butter Nut Bread with vanilla bean ice cream and caramel sauce. Sorry that there are no pics of desert since it disappeared to fast for the camera.

Next culinary adventure is Mousaka….

8 comments:

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

I wish I could have been there :-) :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.

Montanagirl said...

Oooooh, Delish! Would have loved to have been there with you!

Anonymous said...

We will let everyone know next time. Just stop on over. There were no left over unfortunately.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Everyone, just let us know in advance when you plan to come so we can have enough :-)

HermitJim said...

I could make a meal just off of the ribs alone...or the bread, or the ice cream!

Can you tell, I'm NOT hard to please? It all sounds good to me!

Scott Law said...

Now I'm really hungry. Sure looks delicious. Probably just as well that we didn't get to see desert as I have too much of a sweet tooth anyway.

aurbie said...

Is that Babe in top right photo?

Wonderful photos. You guys love to cook - and eat! I have been thinking about you but no time to do anything but take photos and post. I am sitting with a friend at the hospital now while their relative takes a break. I bought my laptop to catch up. That is sad that the only few minutes I have to email and catch up with friends has to be done in a hospital. I need to really quit, don't I?

Have a great Labor Day weekend! I think the storm is going to miss us, and the weather should be really nice.

Anonymous said...

Jim and Scott, Thanks for the compliments. The secret is in our home made Butt Rub and letting the ribs sit in the fridge overnight. Dessert was all Beatrice's fault. I hid mine under the Vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.
YES Patty you need a to take a break. We'll let you know when our next Ratatoulle night is.